Aupair Visa France - Au Pair Program in France
France does not have an official aupair visa program. Most aupairs enter the country using a student visa. You are limited to working no more than 5 hours a day, 30 hours a week, and pay is generally between 250-300 Euros. The Program requirements for a student visa in France are listed below:
Student Program requirements
- Applicants must be between 17 and 30 years old.
- Passport signed and valid for a period of 3 months after the last day of your stay in France, plus one photocopy of your passport.
- 1 long stay visa application form completely and legibly filled out and signed
- You will have to register to the French Office of Immigration and Integration (OFII) during the first three months of their stay in France.
For further information please check the residence permit page.
- 1 passport-size photographs, glued on application form
- Au pair contract from the host family in France approved by the local Labor Department in France (DDTEFP or Direction Départementale du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Formation Professionnelle) plus one copy
- Proof of studies in the US plus one copy
- Letter of enrollment in a French language school plus 1 copy (You must obtain your Student visa while in your home country. The visa cannot be issued once the applicant is in France.)
- Visa fee
- You must obtain your student/au pair visa while in your home country. The visa cannot be issued once the applicant is in France. This visa is good for up to 12 months.
For additional information on how to apply and processing times, contact the Consulate France office nearest your home.
Click for a Listing of French Embassies
Application Form (French Only)
France-Canada Youth Exchange
Canadian citizens between the ages of 18-35 can stay in France up to a year. You must have a minimum of $1000 for every 3 months you plan to be in France. You can download requirement and applications from France embassy website.
Working Holiday Programs
There are working holiday visa programs for 18-30 year olds from: Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea. See the France embassy in your home country for details.