GreatAuPair - Where care providers and families click™. Child Care Jobs & Caregivers: Nanny, Babysitter, Au Pair, Pet Sitter, Housekeeping, Tutor, Personal Assistant and Senior Care.

Aupair Visa China - Au Pair Program in China

Families in China are hiring au pairs to take care of their child/children and teach them English. The preference is for native English speakers without heavy accents.

There are two visa programs available to au pairs in China. The X visa is for study for more than 6 months, the F visa is for study of 6 months or less. The Chinese embassy pages refer to the F visa as a business or cultural exchange visa. You can find detailed information from the Chinese embassy located in your home country.

American au pairs can find visa application information for X and F visas here.

Au pair requirements:

  • 18-29 years old
  • Male or Female
  • High School Graduate or Equivalent
  • Native English speaker
  • Have previous childcare experience (50 hours minimum with children not related to you)
  • Be healthy and physically fit
  • Have a clear criminal record

Au pair Duties include Childcare and Language tutoring, not to exceed 7 hours per day.

Light housekeeping, and attendance at language classes, which are paid by the host family.

Family provides:

Room and board, meals and language classes.

The monthly stipend for 25-35 hours ranges between 750 to 1200 Yuan, which is equivalent to $116-185 USD. Travel and insurance costs are paid by the host family. Some families also provide a completion bonus at the end of your stay. The cost of living in China is very low, so your stipend is more than enough to allow you to socialize during your free time. You can buy food for 5-7 Yuan, iced tea or beer for 2.5 Yuan or clothing from the market ranging from 30-70 Yuan.