GreatAuPair - Where care providers and families click™. Child Care Jobs & Caregivers: Nanny, Babysitter, Au Pair, Pet Sitter, Housekeeping, Tutor, Personal Assistant and Senior Care.

Tax Deductions for Child Care

You should be sure to check with your tax advisor regarding your specific situation, however, US Families can receive tax deductions for child care through one of two means:


  1. Form 2441 offers a Dependent Care Deduction in the amount of $3000 per child (up to age 13) up to a maximum of 2 children or $6000 per year. This does not require a Section 125 (Cafeteria Plan).
  2. The Section 125 (Cafeteria Plan), which allows employers to pay its employees a maximum of $5000 pretax to be used for childcare services regardless of how many children one has. The employer must offer this plan and the employee must elect to receive this benefit.

Advanced Help Search

Return to Support Center

View all FAQs