expert handling children with special need & others
- 57-year old female
- Living in Malaysia
- Has a passport for Malaysia
- Has no visa
- 4' 10" or 147 Centimeters
- 155 Lbs or 70 Kgs
- 10+ Years of paid experience
- 20 or more years of education
- Valid driver's license
- Will use own car for work
- References available
Contact SHANTHI R.
Register now to get these free features:
- candidate Emails
- Instant FastMatch
- Live Support
- Pre-screened Profiles
- Anti-Fraud System
- Assured Privacy
Why sign up for free? We've helped over 2,000,000 people find the right match. We can help you, too! Read our 5,000 customer reviews to see what people say about us. Subscribe to contact candidates directly.
2013- 2016 Masters in Early Childhood. Cambridge/Chelmsford, United Kingdom.
2000Counselling Course conducted by The National Cancer Society of Malaysia.
1997-1998 Post Graduate Diploma in Special Education for Persons with Multiple (Physical and Neurological)- Awarded by “The Spastic Society of India”.Kottorpuram, Chennai. India.
1991 Hertfordshire College of HealthCare Studies DC2 Version of the UKCC Entrance Test. St Albans, United Kingdom.
1981 General Certificate of Education (Malaysia)
International Primary School, Penang March 2015 till Present.
Tuition Center Position Held: English Teacher Level One-Level Three April 2014 until Present
I teach a group of students under the age of 5 to 9 years old and conduct weekly classes. The lesson plan for the group is as follows: 1oup discussion 2.spelling 3say writing 4ntences and phonic reading.
The Cerebral Palsy (Spastic) Children’s Association of Penang 1992 -2013 Various positions held
Head of Department in the Primary Section April 2009 - Jan 31st2013
• Responsible for the special class in the primary section consisting of 30 students and 10 staff. • Preparation of lesson plans based on Malaysian Integrated Curriculum for the Primary School. • Periodically, organise and conduct meetings with the staff, volunteers, parents and caregivers. • Planning events annual sports, outings and coordinate school concerts and assembly. • Coordinate the music and movement therapy at University Sains Malaysia. • Supporting students to become independent skills such as social, communication and activities on daily living. • Work with a team of teachers and therapists to produce custom design tools and furniture to suit individual’s special needs. • Work closely with the physiotherapist and occupational therapist for the holistic development of our children. • Organize outdoor and indoor activities such as camping, games and hydrotherapy sessions. Assistant Therapist to Occupational Therapist March 2004 – March 2009 • Mainly involved with Sensory Integration Programme. • Assisted the therapist to set up a sensory integration unit in the department • Assessed students on sensory related matters and treating students with tactile defensive issues. • Provided treatment for children with visual impairment in the Snoezelen unit. • Prepared annual progress reports of the students for parents. In Charge of Occupational Therapy Unit Mid 1998-February 2004 • Involved in Medical and Team assessment with Paediatrician, Physiotherapist, Speech Therapist, Parents/Caregivers and Social Worker. • Assisted therapists to custom design writing tools, feeding utensils and furniture for posture seating. • Provide Self Help Skills – Grooming, Primary Care education for parents, caregivers and volunteers. • Training new staff for the job on board. • Trained Students to participate in BOCCIA at the 2002 Paralympics.
Teacher August 1992 – May1997
• Teaching children ages 4 to 9 years with the following approaches and methods. • Learning through expressive art and music. • Phonics on flash cards and computer. • Fine and gross motor skills. • Conducted playgroup activities for Early Intervention Group • classroom behaviour management
Relevant Voluntary Experience in UK
Kids Inspire, Chelmsford. July 2014 • Music and Movement. • Participated with children in indoor games. • Assisted during snack and lunchtime.
Columbus School and College, Chelmsford. July 2014 • Be with the early years in a playground. • Observed the sensory room. • Accompanied students to the assembly. • Observed children in outdoor camping activities.
Tyrell’s Primary School, Chelmsford. July 2014 • Observed puppet show in reception class. • Assistance given to the class teacher.
At present, I am working alongside with a student with high intelligence with autism in Year 5. I give my best support and provide assistance in the international school for the student to produce the best of his potential ability to function in school community among the other students and professionals.
I have a family and live with my husband and a daughter who is 13 years of age.We keep very close touch with our family members. By religion we are Hindus and we participate in our cultural events and celebrationse best of best interest of mine at the moment is dancing and meditation.I do attend dancing once in a week which goes along with my daily routine walk.I enjoy my weekly dancing group and it brings my moments with joy and fun with music.
|I have 10 years paid experience with the following|
|Arts & Music||Business||Computers|
|Engineering||English, Reading & Writing||Foreign Language|
|Math||Social Studies||Special Education|
|I am experienced working with these types of special needs|
|Behavioral Issues||Down Syndrome||Epilepsy|
|Dyslexia||Hearing Impairment||Obsessive Compulsive Disorder|
|Tourette Syndrome||Visual Impairment|
|I have the following skills or certifications|
|Behavioral Issues||CPR||First Aid|
|Special Needs||American Tutoring Association||National Tutoring Association|
I am comfortable working with 2 students
Specialties by Subject
|English, Reading & Writing - from grades Pre-K to 4|
|Language Arts K-6||Literature||Phonics|
|Public Speaking||Reading||Reading Adult|
|Math - from grades Pre-K to 6|
|Algebra 1||Algebra 2||Calculus|
|Differential Equations||Elementary School Math||Geometry|
|Integrated Math||Linear Algebra||Logic|
|Middle School Math||Pre-Calculus||Probability|
|Special Education - from grades Pre-K to 5|
|General||Hearing Impaired||Learning Disabled|
|Mildly Handicapped||Sign Language||Speech Pathology|
I am fluent in the following languages: Bahasa Malaysia, English, Tamil
|I am available to teach the following types of lessons|
|Group Tutoring||Private Tutoring|
|I am available to teach in the following locations|
|At Student's School||In a Center||In Student's Home|
|Additional Tutor tasks that I am able to perform|
|Moderate Sample Exams||Sign Language||Transportation|
- Available Nov 2020 - Dec 2020
- Seeking Full-time, Live Out
- Lasted logged in 05 Nov 2020
- Member since 13 Jun 2018
- Excellent health
- No red meat
- No tattoos
- No piercings
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Will not work for smokers
- Willing to travel 10 miles or 16 KM for work
- Preferred Countries:
- - United Kingdom
- Preferred Cities:
- - Penang
- - London
- Preferred Nationalities: